A Diamond Soul!!!

Hello dad,
Hope you are enjoying up with angels. Remember? It was the 19th of June 2019. Our second last Wednesday together, the very next day of Father's day. I traveled from Lahore for you and you waited for me before the medics could take you to the surgery room. You hugged me. Kissed my forehead. I couldn't remember whether it was our last hug or not, but it was a strange one. Strong one, in a certain way. I still do not know why, but I still reminisce that strength. May be it is the warmth of the last hug or the kiss afterwards!!!


And what followed that day was two tragic weeks! Two painful, helpless and uncertain weeks!!! Chest opened, veins replaced, stitches across the body, acute coughing, mucus filled mouth, severe chills and shivering!!! Medics are claimed to be some sort of missionary workers. Some sort of divine power who is there to bless the mankind humanity, but I saw their different face, last year, the face like that of blood sucking leeches. Stupid, rude, self-proclaimed Messiah, doing nothing. I know destiny is there. Life has its span. Death is certain, but no one should bear the pain like you did. The best surgeon may be the best surgeon in the town but he definitely is not a good human. The incompetent and delinquent staff there, neglected every thing about you. You wanted me to be a medical practitioner, but I cannot be so cold-hearted to ignore a patient who undertakes two cardiovascular surgeries within a week. I was helpless back then, and still helpless now. Call me fanatic, but I wish all those doctors and staff nurses would bear the pain, experience the helplessness, feel the uncertainty like you had to bear because of their negligence.

I am not a very good son, not very good friend, certainly not a good human being. Mentally not so strong to express my emotions, but you were, are and will be a vital part of my life. I may not come to visit you very often, but I will always miss your presence. I will always cherish that last hug, the kiss afterwards!!! I know you were more of a poetic person than of a prosaic one. So,

God looked around his Garden and found an empty place.
He looked down upon his earth and saw your lovely face.

He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.
His Garden must be beautiful, He always takes the best.

As the days come and go and the world moves on,
I know you're still here, you'll never be gone .

On the morn the Angel came and took your hand,
We cried as you left for an unknown land.

But Heaven rejoiced as you came into sight,
For your soul was a diamond , shinning so bright!!!

Till the time we meet again!!!
CAKL.






Comments